WELCOME JAYESH DEDHIA`S BLOG

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Curing Depression Through Meditation

We all at times experience symptoms like feeling tensed, nervous, restless, frightened, having difficulty to go to sleep, forgetting important information, palpitation, undue sweating in hands etc. The practice of Rajyoga meditation alone can be of tremendous help in overcoming these minor psychological problems known as "neurotic illness".

In the case of patients suffering from neurotic diseases such as anxiety, insomnia, insecurities, phobias, neurotic depression, obsessive compulsive disorders, addictions, etc. routine systematic Rajyoga meditation practice proves beneficial when combined with conventional medicines and psychotherapy. First of all write down all specific symptoms, which you experience. Also do some self-analysis and try to pinpoint the cause of your diseases. While meditating, use the subtle rays of light and might received from the Supreme Being to disintegrate suppressed dissatisfaction with self and others. At the end of the meditation practice, during the last few minutes generate positive thoughts to relieve the specific neurotic symptoms.

Someone suffering from depression should experience some relief by picturing the following meditation commentary on the screen of his/her mind for 15 minutes every morning and evening:

am a soul, a tiny star, sitting on my throne between the eyebrows........
I picture my destination, a land of soft golden-red light, beyond the sun, moon and stars........
On the wings of thought I fly there........
Now I am in front of the Father of the soul, a star-like entity like myself but an Ocean of Bliss........
Strong currents of spiritual bliss are emanating from this Supreme Point of Light in all directions........
Like a sponge, I soak up this light of bliss within me........
I am overflowing with happiness and super sensuous joy........

Now, in a deep meditative state, repeat silently the following positive affirmations:
I can be free of depression, right now........
I am the master of my mind, my thoughts, my intellect........
My thoughts create my feelings........
I free my mind from all worries, fears and memories of the past.........
I think only positive thoughts about myself.........
I feel very confident, energetic and enthusiastic........
I am very strong and can be a winner in every sphere of life........
By understanding this meditation I have understood the true purpose and worth of life and am getting more and more interested in it........
I shall now take interest in the activities of day-to-day life........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home